Dr. Kathleen Bryant tells the story of her journey in the alcohol research field and discusses the surprising findings in her recent first author publication from Dr. Jacqueline Barker’s lab at Drexel University, where she obtained her doctoral degree.
Green cells in this image are neurons distributed in the superficial region of the cerebral neocortex at postnatal day 9 in a heterozygous mutant mouse of Dab1.
See the most-shared articles published in May and June 2023.
A composite of 5 images captured following each of 5 rounds of labeling and reprobing for a total of 12 mRNA transcripts and neuronal marker.
This study reveals consequences of SYNGAP1 haploinsufficiency in hippocampal GABAergic interneurons.
See the most-shared articles published in March and April 2023.
The authors explain how splicing variation (3R vs. 4R) and cytoplasmic tethering (by 14-3-3) blunt the pathogenicity of phosphorylated tau during normal brain development.
See the most-shared articles published in January and February 2023.
This image shows the inking response from a marine sea slug, Aplysia california, during sensitization training.
See the most-shared articles published in November and December 2022.
- Discussion | Rethinking Peer Review: Is Post-Publication the Future of Neuroscience?
- Reviewer Spotlight: Dr. Kimron Shapiro
- Editor’s Pick: New insights on compensatory synaptic mechanisms during development
- Beyond the Paper: A Conversation with Dr. Mahima Sharma
- Snapshot in Neuroscience: Reconstructing Photoreceptor Terminals