The authors explain how splicing variation (3R vs. 4R) and cytoplasmic tethering (by 14-3-3) blunt the pathogenicity of phosphorylated tau during normal brain development.
See the most-shared articles published in January and February 2023.
This image shows the inking response from a marine sea slug, Aplysia california, during sensitization training.
See the most-shared articles published in November and December 2022.
The image shows a clarified, 1-mm-thick sagittal section of whole brain from a transgenic mouse expressing a fluorescent reporter for caspase-3/7 activity.
Meet Dr. Gandhervin Kesavamoorthy currently a researcher in the School of Medicine, Department of Medicine at The University of Hong Kong. He is interested to understand how parenchymal and peripheral signals modulate brain microglia.
See the most-shared articles published in September and October 2022.
This image shows a hippocampal neuron with endogenous labelling of the cytoskeleton proteins β-actin and β3 tubulin using CRISPR/Cas9.
This paper offers a valuable comparison to guide neuroscientists in choosing an appropriate spike sorting algorithm.
This image shows coronal slices at the level of the hippocampus in TRAP2 mice labeling neuronal ensembles during a rewarded T-maze spatial memory task.
- Discussion | Rethinking Peer Review: Is Post-Publication the Future of Neuroscience?
- Reviewer Spotlight: Dr. Kimron Shapiro
- Editor’s Pick: New insights on compensatory synaptic mechanisms during development
- Beyond the Paper: A Conversation with Dr. Mahima Sharma
- Snapshot in Neuroscience: Reconstructing Photoreceptor Terminals